Occasionally, a Lead will reply with an email address that is different from the email address they entered into the Landing Page.
You typically see this when:
- A Lead has more than one email address and those forward to a primary email address.
- A Lead uses a specific email for online sign ups to avoid giving out their "real" email address.
- A Lead sets up their reply email address to a second (or even third) email address.
Here's an example to show how this might play out:
- Your Funnel sends your Lead a "Thanks" email to email@example.com.
- The email is forwarded to the Lead's other email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Lead replies from the email address email@example.com.
Should you change their email address in Boldleads?
Yes. We recommend you go in and manually change the Lead's Email Address in your Account Dashboard.